"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
- Nelson Madela
"Without a struggle, there can be no progress."
- Frederick Douglass
Moving Us Forward Inc believes that if we are to move individuals in our community forward there must be an active progression of action in a forward direction. Action can be displayed in various ways. Moving Us Forward Inc focuses on 4 pillars in our community that we are invested in to actively take action to move our community forward. Below are ways we ask our friends of Moving Us Forward Inc to join us in being actively engaged in taking individual action to see the change we are pursuing in our community. We know the movement we seek must begins with us before we can see it in our community.
- Acknowledging the cultivating of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in our Education environments at all levels
- Promoting Historically Black Colleges and Universities to local High school students thru college fairs and tours
- Join your local Parent Teacher Student Association to be active in their schools and communities creating strong working relationships within the school and community
- Ensure you have enough cushion to handle most financial emergencies
- Have control over your day-to-day finances
- Understanding your credit score
- Participate in activities that supports you mind, body and soul
- Prepare meals that incorporate fresh in season ingredients that promote a healthier you
- Take yearly assessments of your physical health with a health care provider
- Register to Vote in your state and encourage family and friends to get registered
- Join a civic organization that promotes civic engagement
- Support local, regional, and national legislation that promotes equality for all